“Not only have I become great friends with my mentor, I’ve also grown confidence in parenting and decision making, as well as achieving my goal of getting a job I really enjoy”
LifeCare Mentoring is about creating opportunities and casting hope for children, young people and families. Through our COACH program, we create space for you to explore your strengths, try new things, and take steps towards a brighter future.
A COACH mentor is a friend with purpose, offering practical help and mentoring towards life goals. We will walk alongside you to identify two or three life goals that you want to work towards such as education, employment, parenting, increase in community connection, and improved physical and emotional wellbeing. Your mentor will meet and support you for an hour a week over a one year period.
Our COACH program supports three distinct groups of people: Families, young people and children.
- Family mentoring – strengthens the whole family through a one-to-one mentoring relationship between a volunteer mentor and a parent. Interactions take place in the participant’s home or out in the local community.
- Youth mentoring – helps a young person (age 12-16yrs) learn and benefit from a positive older role model. Similarly to family mentoring, youth mentoring is community based and takes place outside of school hours.
- Kids mentoring – provides one to one support for a primary school student during school hours, for the purpose of strengthening the student emotionally, educationally and socially. The mentoring aims to build resilience while offering practical help and a positive role model.
Our mentors come from diverse personal and professional backgrounds; this enables us to find a mentor who will be able to support the diverse needs and goals of each child, young person or family.
All our mentors go through a rigorous screening process in order to ensure they have the right combination of skills and character. This process includes:
- Screening interview/biopsychosocial assessment
- Reference checking
- Police check
- Working With Children’s Check
We are fully committed to training and supporting our volunteer mentors. This includes providing each mentor ongoing training, one-to-one professional supervision and access to a team of counsellors, psychologists and community work specialists for consultation and support.
For further enquiries, please contact us on 9886 3899 or email email@example.com
To make a referral, please Download Intake & Referral Form
COACH is a mentoring program operated by Crossway LifeCare Ltd in partnership with Mission Australia. For more information about how to set up COACH in your community, please see www.coachnetwork.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org