It’s time to get your runners out and get in shape for the 2016 Melbourne Marathon! The big day is quickly approaching.
Whether you’re a distance runner or a recreational short distance walker or something in between, there’s a place for you with Team LifeCare at the 2016 Melbourne Marathon. We’re aiming to have 75 runners/walkers this year which would likely make Team LifeCare the largest team at the marathon (again)!
Join Team LifeCare for a fun day with meaning! Achieve a fitness goal and help fundraise for vulnerable families and young people.
“I never believed l could run 100m but with encouragement and perseverance, running now plays an important part in my life (both mentally and physically). For me, it is a natural release valve, a personal retreat and so much more.”
– Simon Goodfield
Don’t wait! Set your goal and sign up now to be part of Team LifeCare in the Melbourne Marathon 2016!
It only takes a few minutes to register or simply send me an email to get started: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1- REGISTER FOR MELBOURNE MARATHON EVENT
- Go to http://melbournemarathon.com.au
- Select the event you want to register for (click on the ‘Events’ menu item top left next to home tab) and follow the prompts to complete the registration.
- You Will be prompted to select a team at the end of the registration form, please select ” Team LifeCare” then enter the following password: LifeCareTeam.
2- JOIN GOFUNDRAISE TEAM LIFECARE PAGE:
- Go to http://melbournemarathon2016.gofundraise.com.au
- Click on the “Start Fundraising” button.
- Find Charity: Type “Crossway LifeCare Ltd”.
- Proceed with the registration form and set yourself a Target**, when done with everything press “Create Fundraising page”.
- Go to http://melbournemarathon2016.gofundraise.com.au/page/TeamLifeCare
- Click Join Team button, a window will pop-up with your fundraising page thumbnail and name displayed, click “Join us now”.
- Close the pop-up and CONGRATULATiONS you are a Team LifeCare member now.
- Share your page with your network to start fundraise for LifeCare.
- See you in October.
Set yourself a fundraising target. I’m aiming at $2k. Our highest fundraiser in the past raised over $20K! Our team goal is $75k, so if we have 75 runners raising $1k each we’ll reach our goal and see many families and young people find healing and hope through LifeCare!
You DON’T have to be a runner to create your own fundraising page, so simply follow the instructions above and start fundraising with LifeCare team.
If you have any questions you can reach me by email: email@example.com or ring 9886 3899.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you at the finish line!